Many thanks to Street Art Rat for the Liebster Award nomination! If you haven’t done so already, check out this fantastic cool site with amazing street art from around the globe.
When I was nominated back in August 2015, I was pretty flat-out travelling, catching up with writing posts, and taking photographs. I’m still pretty flat-out travelling, catching up with writing posts, and taking photographs, but thought I’d better do something about this great award!
Although I didn’t create the Liebster rules, I will understand if you are too busy to answer my questions and to nominate other blogs.
I have done a little research on Liebster and it seems that the rules change frequently.
Some rules I’ve read state that nominated blogs must have fewer than 200 0r 500 followers. Other rules don’t really mention a figure at all. I’m not sure if anyone can clarify this rule for 2016?
So without further ado, I would like to thank you all for stopping by at Image Earth Travel, taking the time to read, like, and comment on my posts. But most of all, I’d like to let you know that you’ve inspired me and I really enjoy reading your posts!
Rules for The Liebster Award Nomination
- each nominee must link back the person who nominated them
- answer the 11 questions
- nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 500 followers
- create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- you can’t nominate the one who tagged you
- let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Too many sites to choose from but announcing my nominees:
- A Bit of Culture
- Ticket Away
- Little Darling Writes
- The Grey Eye
- Neil Lintern
- Never trust a skinny food critic
- Marc Bucag
- A Man of Action
- Fawad Hassank
Questions for my nominees
Sorry, I’ve reverted to the 11-question rule and hope you guys don’t mind too much…
- What inspires you most about writing?
- Do you have any tips you’d like to share to new bloggers on how to build their blog community?
- Is it hard to find time to write?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Are you interested in street and travel Photography?
- What artist, writer, or photographer is your biggest influence?
- What attracts you to a blog and keeps you there (photos, content, site, or other)?
- Which platform do you use most to search for a blog post and why (Facebook, Twitter, Google, or other)?
- Are you a full time blogger? If so, is it funding your lifestyle?
- What is your favourite country of travel and why?
I can’t wait to read your responses to my questions, if you do decide to participate.
Street Art Rat’s questions
- Do you notice street art and graffiti in the streets?
Always! I absolutely love the free expression of street art and most graffiti.
I especially admire the courage that artists have and the risks taken in certain countries to depict very politically-charged artworks. This is the reason I have many photographs of street art in my Nilla’s Photography website – just can’t help myself!
- For how long have you been blogging?
Just over a year with WordPress but previously just a little with Matador Community, and only with a few posts.
I switched to WordPress as Matador Community gave all bloggers one week to remove, save, or lose all their posts. So, it was a mad rush and a tad stressful to research a good platform, remove all posts from Matador, build a new WP site, upload posts, and then re-format everything in WP. I’m still tweaking my site’s CSS after a year of the site being live!
- If you had to move to another country which one would it be?
This would have to be Italy! My father was from Italy. I grew up speaking Italian and English at home, and although I never studied Italian, I understand ‘most’ of the language. Although this is sometimes tricky depending on the local dialect.
Not to mention the many wonderful Italian delicacies that my parents made, which were a tad weird for Australians when I was growing up. I have many wonderful memories of gatherings with my mother, aunties, and grandmothers around the kitchen table, making Gnocchi, delicious stuffed eggplant, and scrumptious Italian pastries.
This is my 3rd visit to Italy. I’m currently here in Reg, our motorhome this time and I have to say, it is a pretty cool way to see the country and not expensive.
- Would you have the courage to be a street artist and illegally leave your work on the city walls? (Like Banksy, not taggers who destroy property of others)
Of course, if I thought I was good enough!
I’d love the challenge of not being caught whilst creating amazing public art – commissioning for a legal art space would be pretty cool also. Sadly, I don’t even come close, so I’ll spare everyone.
- Lastly, if you happened to have superpowers, what would it be?
To fly like Superman to any destination that I choose and at my whim! 🙂
Thanks once again Aneta, for the kind nomination.