As it’s almost a year since first going live with my Image Earth Travel site, I’ve decided to catch up with wonderful awards that other bloggers nominated my site for last year, such as the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
This is an award ‘given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire them and who are motivated to make the blogosphere a beautiful place’.
The nomination came from Livia of My 365 to 30, which I am extremely grateful for and I was thrilled to learn that I can inspire other bloggers. Thank you for the nomination. Do yourself a favour and visit My 365 to 30 for vivacious travel images and inspiration – 365 daily posts prior to Livia’s 30th birthday, which is on the 28th February of this year!
I’ve chosen the above image as my badge as it reminds me of when I’m travelling. I usually have my laptop on a bed like this but if I’m lucky, then it’s a table of some sort.
Rules that accompany this award
1. Thank your nominator by posting a link to their blog on your Award post.
2. List 7 to 10 Facts About Yourself.
3. Nominate up to 15 other blogs for being inspirational.
4. Post the rules for people to understand and accept.
5. Notify your nominees via their About page and include a link to your Award Post with the rules.
6. Post the award badge on your blog, anywhere you like on your pages or posts.
Here they are: 7 random facts about myself
- My passions are travel and photography (you’ve probably guessed by now). Check out my Nilla’s Photography site.
- I love sailing and lived on 2 boats for 21 years, so it was for almost half of my lifetime when I finally hopped off. Pop over to my Bio to read a little more.
- I first started travelling at 22 (a long time ago) and spent almost a year away from Australia. With just my backpack, I visited, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Britain, Europe, Egypt, India, and Thailand. I was hooked, for life!
- My second identity is a Technical Writer, which is how I fund my passions. I would like to do more creative writing such as turn this blog site into full-time writing.
- I want to travel to every continent on the globe – I only have Antarctica left, although still many more countries to experience.
- I’ve seen too many people being miserable doing things they really don’t want to do in life or regretting not having done something by which time it’s too late. Whether it’s a job, living in a particular area, or something else, if you don’t like it, change – you only have one shot at life so don’t waste a moment!
- I’m going to keep travelling, taking photos, and writing until I no longer am able to, which won’t be through choice!
My nominations (not in any specific order)
- Edge of Humanity Magazine – photography, musings, art, and much more
- traveluxblog – reviews, photos, and special adventures of luxury travel
- Spinning Atlas – great travel photography and posts
- sloppybuddhist – beautiful photography and musings
- mingophoto – beautiful photography
- Uncover Travel – travel experiences and adventures
- Through Open Lens – amazing nature photography
- angelakoblitz – travel stories
- strawmarysmith – scrumptious recipes for two
- Sparkonit – science related topics and reviews on latest scientific discoveries
Thank you once again My 365 to 30 for nominating my site and giving me the opportunity to be part of this inspiring blogger community.
Please be sure to check out all of the nominated blogs for inspiration on travel, photography, musings, and much more!
“Go now my friend, it’s later than you think!” – my cruising friend’s saying.