I just received a nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award! As it took me many months to respond to past awards, thought I would get on to this one straight away.
Just when I thought things were a little quiet on my blog site, it was a surprise to receive this cool award from fellow blogger Just a Girl and a Bike. The award made my week so, many thanks Julie and I look forward to reading more of your adventures.
I first came across Julie’s interesting and great site in this WordPress Community Pool post, which is for bloggers to post their site and request feedback. Thank you for your valuable feedback on my site also Julie – much appreciated.
On to the Rules
- Thank the person that nominated you and give a link to their blog
- List the rules
- Display the award on your post of The Award
- List 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them
List 7 facts about yourself
And now, the 7 facts about me, which I hope won’t bore you too much…
- Left Australia in March 2014 and still travelling – clocking up the longest trip yet. Started in Singapore then spent over 10 months in SE Asia, travelling across borders where we could.
Flew from Vietnam to The Baltics and again, travelled over borders to Poland in the winter before flying to the UK and Stewarding at Glastonbury Festival.
Decided on a 3-month volunteering stint back in Thailand before returning to the UK and being detained at Heathrow for 6 hours with possible deportation back to Australia. All cleared to enter then set off for Europe again, this time in Reg (1997 Fiat Ducato motorhome we bought in Wales, UK).
- Currently in Italy for 3 months on a 90-day Schengen Visa, but hopefully longer if my paperwork goes through – watch this space. Update for 2017: my paperwork was not accepted. I had to fly back to Australia to apply for a 12-month Italian Residency Visa and you can read the full saga in my post: Citizenship blues: The Italian Job
- Had an amazing time touring France, Spain, and Italy in Reg for 3 months over the later part of 2015/2016.
- Dropped the training school’s motorbike whilst learning how to ride back in 2010 and succeeded nicely in a Gamekeeper’s thumb. The clutch was stuck to my hand when I went down after completing a Slalom exercise in 3rd gear, then coming around the corner and not dropping back to 2nd gear in time. Tearing ligaments and bone from my thumb, an operation was required, followed by 3 months of recovering. Got back on the bike and successfully gained my motor bike license.
- The most phenomenal experience and adrenalin rush ever for me was my surprise birthday present in 2010. A 25-minute exhilarating flight in a Jet Fighter. We did a Top Gun strike mission through the Hunter Valley hills (NSW, Australia), a figure eight, rolled the craft, G-force flying, and much more. I was still on a high a week later! Everyone should try this at least once in their lifetime.
- This year was the first time ever to experience the incredible Glastonbury Festival (UK) and also as a Steward. An incredible and friendly atmosphere at UK’s largest festival with around 170,000 festival goers.
- Climbed Machu Picchu in 2011 after the arduous (for me) 5-day Salkantay trek, which sees you trekking to 4,600 metres in all weathers for 75+ kilometres in 4-days. The 5th day is spent at your leisure at the stupendous Machu Picchu – I didn’t want to leave.
I’ve come across loads of great and inspiring varied blogs over the past year. So, I’m nominating an eclectic mix for the last rule of this award:
- The Year I Touched My Toes – Great insight for the Everest Base Camp trek and training, which incidentally, I haven’t done…yet.
- 14 Weeks Worth of Socks – World travel, pets, and random musings.
- Life Is Beautiful-La Vita e Bella Weblog – Wonderful new recipes but also handed down old family recipes.
- The Japanese Traveller – A different perspective on travel throughout Asia and also great food posts.
- Green Cooking – Passionate about cooking, creating new dishes, and sharing the spoils with readers.
- Ocean of Myths – Reflections on life.
- The Lady Confidential – For all your fashion, food, beauty, fitness, and great tips.
The Blogosphere is an amazing community not only for learning and interacting, but also to connect with a global audience. My FlagCounter in my posts’ widget area tell me I even got a view from Mongolia this week!