I just received a nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award! As it took me many months to respond to past awards, thought I would get on to this one straight away.
Just when I thought things were a little quiet on my blog site, it was a surprise to receive this cool award from fellow blogger Just a Girl and a Bike. The award made my week so, many thanks Julie.
I first came across Julie’s interesting and great site in this WordPress Community Pool post, which is for bloggers to post their site and request feedback. Thank you for your valuable feedback on my site also Julie – much appreciated!
On to the Rules
- Thank the person that nominated you and give a link to their blog
- List the rules
- Display the award on your post of The Award
- List 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them
List 7 facts about yourself
And now, the 7 facts about me…
- Left Australia in March 2014 and still travelling – clocking up the longest trip yet.
- Currently in Italy for 3 months but hopefully longer if my paperwork goes through – watch this space! Update for 2017 – my paperwork wasn’t accepted and you can read the full saga in Citizenship blues: ‘The Italian Job’
- Had an amazing time touring France, Spain, and Italy in Reg (motorhome) for 3 months over 2015/2016.
- Dropped the training school’s bike whilst learning how to ride back in 2010 and succeeded nicely in a Gamekeeper’s thumb. The clutch was stuck to my hand when I went down. Tearing ligaments and bone from my thumb, an operation was required, followed by 3 months of recovering. Got back on and achieved my motor bike license.
- The most phenomenal experience and adrenalin rush ever for me was my surprise birthday present in 2010. A 25-minute exhilarating flight in a Jet Fighter. I was still on a high a week later!
- This year was the first time ever to experience the incredible Glastonbury Festival (UK) and also as a Steward.
- Climbed Machu Picchu in 2011 after the arduous (for me) 5-day Salkantay trek, which sees you trekking to 4,600 metres in all weathers for 75+ kilometres in 4-days. The 5th day is spent at Machu Picchu.
I’ve come across loads of great and inspiring varied blogs over the past year. So, I’m nominating an eclectic mix for the last rule of this award:
- The Year I Touched My Toes – Great insight for the Everest Base Camp trek and training, which incidentally, I haven’t done…yet.
- 14 Weeks Worth of Socks – World travel, pets, and random musings.
- Life Is Beautiful-La Vita e Bella Weblog – Wonderful new recipes but also handed down old family recipes.
- The Japanese Traveller – A different perspective on travel throughout Asia and also great food posts.
- Green Cooking – Passionate about cooking, creating new dishes, and sharing the spoils with readers.
- Ocean of Myths – Reflections on life.
- The Lady Confidential – For all your fashion, food, beauty, fitness, and great tips.
The Blogosphere is an amazing community not only for learning and interacting, but also to connect with a global audience. My FlagCounter in my posts’ widget area tell me I even got a view from Mongolia this week!