Not only is it pretty cool when a fellow blogger stops by and takes the time to read your posts, but it’s pretty excellent when someone takes the time to nominate you for an award!
I was getting ready to hop on a plane from Italy to Australia when I received this great award. So, many thanks to Emotions of Life! Make sure you visit Manuel’s blog for wonderfully raw and honest, albeit quite dark poetry.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
Put simply, this is an award given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the blogger you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you nominated
Questions from Emotions of Life for me to answer
- What’s the toughest decision you made today?
What to have for lunch – it really is a tough decision when you are on holidays. Dinner is another tough decision.
- What’s the toughest decision you made this year?
I’d have to say that is to pursue Italian Citizenship as it’s been a lot tougher than I thought, even with Italian heritage. Actually, I’ve been pursuing this since late last year and spending lots of money on having documents certified, translated from English to Italian, then certified again.
- What’s the toughest decision you ever made?
To stay at my mother’s hospital bed whilst she lapsed into a coma in the last stages of cancer. Even though we weren’t close, it’s tough watching someone die.
- What have you forgotten?
Everything! I’m only in Australia for a few weeks sorting out paperwork and scared I will forget something for my interview at the Consulate tomorrow.
- If you were guaranteed the answer to one question, what would it be?
Will politicians ever forfeit greed for world peace.
- What’s it like being you right now?
Chaotic. I’ve just flown from Italy to Australia to apply for an Italian Residency Visa and the hurdles I’ve had to jump and money I’m dishing out is quite painful. So far, I’m up to almost a year of trying and still no closer. You can read the full saga in: Citizenship Blues – The Italian Job.
- What makes you nostalgic?
Definitely music – it has a habit of throwing me back in time and absorbing me in that moment.
- If you had two hours left on earth what would you do?
Take a shuttle to space – I’d love to see earth from afar. Imagine seeing our beautiful planet from space…what a buzz.
- What’s the most beautiful word in the world?
- Who makes you laugh more than anyone?
My partner, daily – it’s wonderful.
It is my great pleasure to nominate the following fantastic and relentless bloggers for you to discover, if you haven’t done so already.
- City Break – great travel and photography
- Happiness Between Trails – a visual artist turned novel writer with entertaining posts on everything
- Handstands around the World – an aspiring world traveller and former gymnast
- Making Memories – wonderful photography and travel posts
- Travelling the World Solo – some honest feedback on places to go and stay
- The Girl with an Adventurous Fork – a chef come foodie come adventurer
- Abelinati – for all your posts on travel, food, culture, and music
- Food Made Right – deliciously scrumptious recipes for your delectation
- The Vibe 101 – daily discussions, daily experiences, daily life
- The Nomads Project – fashionable travel
- Tandem Trekking – sharing travel stories about climbing, hiking, and working together
Random questions for my nominees
- Why did you start a blog?
- What amazing countries have you seen?
- Why do you travel?
- Who has been your biggest inspiration in your life and why?
- What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever experienced?
- What would be your dream job?
- Your favourite read?
- The scariest moment in your life?
- Your deepest regret?
- The most memorable experience in your life?
I hope that my nominees take part in this award as although awards can be a little time-consuming, it is a great way to learn about fellow bloggers.