Quite a surprise to be nominated for a second Sunshine Blogger Award and always lovely to receive any nomination from a fellow blogger.
This Sunshine Blogger Award nomination is from Valerie Cullers. Many thanks Valerie for taking the time to read my posts and believing that I bring a little sunshine into your day, enough to nominate me for this blogger’s award.
If you haven’t checked out Valerie’s blog yet, then see what this writer, speaker, and author is up to in her new blog site.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the blogger you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you nominated
l. Museum or Movie?
Hmm…a hard question as I love going to both.
Typically, when I visit a museum (any museum) I easily lose four to five hours without even stopping for a coffee break. I am one of those painful people that has to read every sign that is on each piece. I particularly like art museums.
I’m not a big TV watcher at all, but going to the movies is special and love the dark lights, massive screen, heavy velvety curtains, sound surround, and how easy it is to be fully absorbed in a movie.
Whilst watching movies (even on a small screen), my focus is so intent that I get annoyed when anyone speaks through a movie. I need to watch something until the very end and it has to be a really bad movie for me to stop watching it before its end.
2. Favorite Author and why?
Continual theme here, why does anyone have to have a ‘favourite’?
3. Favorite Music Group?
Too many favourite music groups to name and I really have never had just one favourite.
A few of my eclectic mix includes Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Radiohead, Doors, System of a Down, Staind, Evanescence, Muse, Linkin Park, and Adema. But I love to listen to so many more solo artists and groups, especially on long bus journeys travelling.
Music is food for the soul.
A particularly moving and heartfelt song, Something to Remind You, by Staind that you may not have heard before – there is a better live version, although longer than this one.
4. Favorite Book?
I am just about finished Stephen King’s ‘IT’ and although it isn’t a favourite book, it certainly does keep you riveted, especially towards the final pages.
Although the first movie came out in 1990, this is the latest film – hope it doesn’t send goose bumps up your spine!
Love reading most genres, especially books that capture my interest within the first few pages until the end. And no, I haven’t really answered the question, as I don’t have a favourite.
5. Do you write because you want to or because you have to?
Writing and photography are my main passions in life – I love doing both.
I write because I want to digitise all my travel journals from thirty-plus years of travel. Also, to spread the word about any current travel as I love helping people discover new places, independently.
Sharing my photos is important in providing more context to my readers and hopefully make my post a little more interesting.
I am sure that at times, we all don’t feel like writing – burnout. I try to publish one post each week and am constantly amazed, at how bloggers can post something new each day or every couple of days.
6. Why did you start blogging?
Guess this ties nicely in with Question 5 as I love to share my travel around the world. I have always been a writer, whether documenting my travels in journals or in my profession as a Technical Writer.
Although I have to say that the transition from a Technical Writer to a creative writer was and still is a little hard.
7. If you could live at any other time in history, when would it be and why?
I prefer the present, even if it’s not perfect, but what is in life?
Although the Age of Exploration (15th century) whilst performing hydrographic surveys to map out the world’s blueprint would have been an immeasurable life-changing experience. After sailing in sometimes horrid conditions for months, the exhilaration of stepping on unexplored lands without knowing what to expect, must of been an incredible journey.
Whilst in Argentina, travelled to Ushuaia and experienced a boat trip on the Beagle Channel. To think that Charles Darwin passed through this very channel was mind-blowing.
8. What is your favorite place to visit?
Not limited to one place, I love to visit many countries – all offer something special with the good, bad, and ugly. Whether it is amazing locals, exquisite food, spectacular vistas, adrenalin activities, or a multitude of experiences, each place is unique.
9. Favorite Quote?
One of my favourite quotes is by the Roman satirical poet, Decimus Junius Juvenalis:
The noiseless foot of time steals swiftly by,
And ere we dream of manhood age is nigh.
Sums life up really and makes me want to get up off the couch and experience everything, before it’s too late.
10. Library or Sports Arena?
Library of course for so many reasons but mainly, to read in complete silence without disturbances and I love books. So much so that I just published my Restoration Love Affair with Medieval Books: State Archives, Cosenza post.
The incredibly massive Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts (USA), was completely full with a capacity of almost 67,000.
The atmosphere, interim shows, and game were absolutely electric. Even for a non-follower, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and had a fantastic time. Everyone should go at least once in their lifetime, just experiencing the passion of the spectators is something to behold…
11. What famous person do you admire most and why?
For me, it’s unfair to single out just one person as there are many famous and not famous people that work tirelessly for their cause. Although for today’s question, it is Sir David Attenborough for his stunning and relentless work to educate the world about conservation, whilst enlightening everyone about the critical pace in which humans are destroying our planet.
The Blue Planet series is stunning but also check out how the series was filmed – incredible technology and photography.
My nominees that bring sunshine into the blogosphere
In no particular order and there is no pressure to respond…
- Italophilia – explore Italy with the amazing Ishita
- A Life Unleashed – follow Mark’s incredible life as a traveller and Philanthropist
- English with Kirsty – brush up on English with Kirsty’s online courses
- There’s something about KM – something about everything in life in Kelsey’s blog
- Touch of Cinnamon – travel, poetry, crafts, music videos, and more
- Bear’s Photos – beautiful photography on mostly north Cornwall – England’s south coast
- A Voice from Iran – Laleh’s storytelling
- Rachel’s thoughts – beauty, travel, food & drink, relationships
- Italy Photo Project – beautiful photos and Italian travel
- A Walk and a Lark – exploring the world with Josy
- Meerehre – check out Angelika’s stunning drawings
My questions for nominees
- What role does art play in our world?
- Why is it important that you write?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- Do you believe it’s worth monetising your blog?
- Do you have a special strategy to get more followers for your blog?
- What are your three favourite blogs?
- Do you travel on tours or independently?
- Are you comfortable with solo-travelling?
- What personality trait do you admire the most in others?
- What is your dream job?
- Any advice for new or older bloggers?
Hope you enjoyed my responses and look forward to your comments. 🙂